Episode #271: Being told how to speak just won’t go away will it? I chat with Danra Kazenski, a speech-language pathologist… or is that speech therapist? Well, she helps clients who stutter to manage their stuttering and communicate the way they want to.
We start our conversation about narrative therapy and how Danra uses comics in her speech therapy practice then she interviews me about my stuttering journey and Franky Banky’s origin story. This inevitably leads us to the neverending fluency vs. acceptance debate that seems to have become really explosive lately along with the term “speech-language pathologist”.
Links mentioned on this episode:
- Vermont Stuttering Therapy – the Normalize Stuttering Shop!
- Curiosity Filled The Cat – the Franky Banky comic book you help draw!
- Stuttering is Cool shop – Franky Banky books and stuttering awareness pins on Etsy
- Franky Banky books on Amazon
- Franky Branky SLP Guides on Teachers Pay Teachers
- ASHA Conference from a PWS perspective: the education gap – Stuttering is Cool podcast episode #270