Episode 225: The stuttering experience depicted in sequential art. Just in time for International Stuttering Awareness Day! We hear from the creators of two new comic books, Gareth Cowlin and Joe Stone, who drew and wrote Floor is Lava and Stutter respectively. Both books were drawn directly from each of their experiences of growing up stuttering, and in the case of Gareth’s, dealing with the loss of a sibling. If you enjoy comics and how the medium is perfect for pulling readers into the character’s world, you won’t want to miss this! Apologies in advance for all the wind noise in my intro, number, and outro.
Links mentioned on this episode:
- The Floor is Lava by Gareth Cowlin
- Stutter by Joe Stone
- International Stuttering Awareness Day Online Conference 2018
- A Fox With A Vox Full of Blox Dr. Seuss paordy by me! Buy the poster!
- Canadian Stuttering Association 2018 conference in Toronto
- Association des bègues du Canada Journée-rencontre 2018 in Montreal
This episode is brought to you by my book, Stuttering is Cool: A Guide to Stuttering in a Fast-Talking World. Packed with tips, stories, encouragement and comics for fearless stuttering and joy.