Episode #173: The Canadian Stuttering Association held a one-day event on Saturday, October 25, 2014 coinciding with International Stuttering Awareness Day which took place on the 22nd. Attendees listened to speeches from people who stutter (I gave the first one) and presentations on current research conducted by scientists at the University of Toronto.
I’ve asked some of my friends and new friends who I’ve made at the event to share their thoughts of this special event (see photo on the left). Photos can be viewed on the CSA Flickr page.
Stuttering associations around the world also held events in honour of International Stuttering Awareness Day. I’ve asked a few of my friends to share their experiences at the events they attended in India, Ireland, and the United States.
- International Communication Project
- Redefining Stuttering (2011 Edition, PDF)
- International Stuttering Awareness Day Online Conference 2014
- Stuttering is Cool: A Guide to Stuttering in a Fast-Talking World
- Stuttering awareness ads I created